- Find out how much you should eat to maintain a healthy weight based on your level of activity.
- Smoking tobacco is an addictive habit that causes many debilitating illnesses and is one of the major causes of preventable untimely death.
Normalize your Cholesterol
- Your blood cholesterol level depends on the balance of saturated to polyunsaturated fats that you eat, and on the amount of soluble fiber in your diet.
How to Sleep Better
- Facts about sleep, insomnia, and sleeping pills.
- Information about how to care for your skin.
Cancer prevention - How to reduce cancer risks
Simple life style changes that can keep you cancer-free.
Oral Hygiene - How to take care of your teeth.
Learn basic dental hygiene and how to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- Bacterial ecosystems within our body that keep us healthy.
How to prevent accidental death.
Accidents and unintentional injuries are the fifth most common cause of death and include motor vehicle accidents, poisonings and falls.
- Adding nuts to your daily diet may reduce your chance of death by twenty percent.
Nutrition and Diet
Calculate your Body Mass Index (BMI)
The BMI is widely used to assess degrees of obesity. Use the BMI calculator to find out if you are overweight.
A definition of Optimum Nutrition and the guidelines provided by the Food and Nutrition Board (FNB) of the Institute of Medicine (IOM).
Caloric Restriction Calculator
This calculator provides a control against which to measure your degree of caloric restriction (CR).
Caloric Restriction and Intermittent Fasting
Caloric Restriction and Intermittent Fasting are dietary interventions to increase lifespan. These are the only scientifically proven ways to enhance health and longevity.
Weight-Based Percent CR Calculator
This calculator uses the Mifflin-St Jeor equations to estimate the percentage of caloric restriction based on changes in weight and physical activity.
This is a compilation of over 100 specific anti-aging strategies by Dr. Michael Lam. Every strategy is based on scientific research backed by years of clinical experience.
Make your own Mineral Water
Mineral water provides chemical elements essential for health and longevity.
Gerolsteiner Mineral Water
- Mineral composition of one of Europe's most popular mineral waters.
Vitamins and Minerals.
General information about micronutrients and dietary deficiencies.
How to Count Calories.
A practical guide for counting the calories in the food that you eat. What you need to know to lose weight.
Nutritional Content of Foods
The USDA National Nutrient Database contains information about 6800 different foods. You can search this extensive resource to find out the number of calories in produce or packaged foods. The information contains detailed nutrition data such as the amount of protein, fat, carbohydrates, and fiber. The analysis of fat contains the proportions of the fatty acid constituents.
Customize the ratio of macronutrients for any specific caloric requirement. This calculator takes into consideration fiber, protein, fat, and carbohydrates.
Effect of Calorie Restriction on Body Weight
A correlation of the experimental mouse CR data with the Mifflin-St Jeor human energy equations. The results lead to some interesting conclusions about the maximum safe percent CR.
Tools and Resources for the Calorie Restriction Diet
A guide about books, software, recipes, blogs, and web sites dealing with CRON.
Chemical Structure of Sugar Substitutes and Artificial Sweeteners
Diseases and Conditions
Gout - The most painful form of arthritis.
Learn what causes gout and some chemical information that can help alleviate the pain.
- Description of autistic behavior and ways of coping with it.
- The number one cause of death. Learn to reduce risks through diet and lifestyle changes.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Information about the microorganisms responsible for Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
Drug Rehabilitation and Drug Addiction Treatment
- Discussion of the effects of addiction and the drug rehabilitation process.
- Information about the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of the most common cancer in men.
Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
- A pattern of behavior that frequently interferes with accomplishment of tasks and normal interpersonal relationships.
- Viruses, bacteria, and parasites are the causes of many diseases that may be prevented by cleanliness and disinfection.
- Some sports increase the risk of serious injury. The the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission identifies the most dangerous sports.
Normal Blood Sugar
- Diabetes has reached epidemic levels in the U.S. Obesity and inactivity are two of the major contributing factors for this disease.
Viruses - Viral Structure
Information about the structure of viruses with emphasis on the Influenza Type A Virus.
- Obesity and anorexia are the two most common eating disorders.
Medicare Health Insurance
- Medicare is a federal health insurance program that helps U.S. residents who are disabled or who are 65 years of age or older.
Environmental Toxins and Poisons
- How to avoid harmful chemicals that may be found in your home or your workplace.
- Meditation provides self-awareness, inner peace and may have health benefits.
Healing through prayer
- Is there a scientific basis for healing prayers, faith healing and miracle cures?
Definitions of common chemical terms and their structural diagrams.
Lipoproteins - Good cholesterol (HDL), Bad cholesterol (LDL)
Lipoproteins are small spherules that transport fats in the body and consist of protein, cholesterol, triglycerides, and phospholipids.
- Discussion of the basic causes of aging and a list of books dealing with the scientific principles of longevity.
Anatomy and Structure of Human Sense Organs
Discussion of the five senses: sight, smell, taste, touch, and hearing.
Search for medical topics:
Add to your site
This is a list of the most commonly searched topics in
1 latent tuberculosis
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
MRSA (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus)
16 multiple sclerosis
congestive heart failure
25 GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease)
HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
38 cystic fibrosis
47 UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)
51 AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome)
53 blood pressure
57 rheumatoid arthritis
64 HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
67 atrial fibrillation
70 hepatitis C
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
72 colon cancer
high blood pressure
82 high blood pressure drugs
83 pulmonary embolism
89 mono (mononucleosis)
96 low blood pressure
- Antonio Zamora